Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sending animations as standalone methodology..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending animations as standalone methodology..

Hi guys,

Last time I used Vantage for an animation was about 6 months ago and I had to settle for sending the very large scenes with moving Anima content via the standalone method to get things working consistently.

I'd hoped that in this last 6 months the livelink rendering would be improved, Vantage now appears super fast at transferring the geometry in the scenes, when it comes to the animated camera path it's appalingly slow.

It transfers the camera at about 45 frames per minute, so imagine a 6000 frame animation and the camera alone takes about 12 hours, this can't be right surely? In this new scene there are no animated meshes, just the camera.

Any help from Chaos guys very much appreciated.

Thanks for the fab updates, keep them rolling.

Jason
    Last edited by luckett_jason@hotmail.com; 28-03-2024, 03:14 AM.
    AMD Threadripper 3990x 64C Processor, 128 GB DDR4-3200 Ram, 48 GB PNY Quadro RTX A6000, ​Windows Pro 10.0.19045, 3dsmax 2024 SP3, Vray 6 Update 2.1, Vantage 2.3.0​

Hi Jason,

Is there any forest pack in the scene that has Camera Limit visibility option? If this is so each frame the forest scattered instances are recalculated to accommodate to the new camera frustum. Can you try to disable it and test of this will speed the export? If this is not the case then you would have to send us the scene to test on our end.

Best regards,
    Alexander​
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Hi Alexander.Atanasov thanks for this, that sorted the livelink out, forgot all about FP camera visibility. One thing I would ask though is if I send the file as a standalone why does the camera still take forerver? It's live 1 frame every 5 seconds, very strange behaviour.

Kind regards,

Jason
      Last edited by luckett_jason@hotmail.com; 28-03-2024, 09:09 AM.
      AMD Threadripper 3990x 64C Processor, 128 GB DDR4-3200 Ram, 48 GB PNY Quadro RTX A6000, ​Windows Pro 10.0.19045, 3dsmax 2024 SP3, Vray 6 Update 2.1, Vantage 2.3.0​

Comment

It transfers the camera at about 45 frames per minute, so imagine a 6000 frame animation and the camera alone takes about 12 hours, this can't be right surely?
        6000 frames would take 133 minutes or 2h13m, if 45 frames are computed per minute.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

vladimir.nedev yep you are correct, my apologies, it was taking 4-5 frames per minute then, currently it's taking about 5-10 seconds per frame. Why does a moving camera take so long on it's own, irrespective of anything else?

Thanks,

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by luckett_jason@hotmail.com View Post
            vladimir.nedev yep you are correct, my apologies, it was taking 4-5 frames per minute then, currently it's taking about 5-10 seconds per frame. Why does a moving camera take so long on it's own, irrespective of anything else?

Thanks,

Jason
            I don't know, we need the scene to test.
            Are those 5-10 seconds per frame spent rendering or just waiting for the render to start ?
            In the Vantage toolbar in 3dsMax there is a "settings" button, the dialog that shows up has a "frame timeout" option, maybe you have increased it ?

Greetings,
            Vladimir Nedev
            Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Working...
            X