Rendering Vray Fur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendering Vray Fur

I'm having trouble rendering a sequence with VrayFur that is placed on an animated (with wave modifier) geometry. The sequence renders out, but the fur isn't animating along with the geometry it is connected to. The fur just stays "frozen" in the geometry's original position while everything else animates. I've had similar issues with the Vray GPU renderer while network rendering. Is there a workaround for this?

I've found a work around. I apply a vray Color Map (any map would suffice) to the length channel (probably would work with any channel) and animate it very slightly (255 to 254 color value) from first frame to last. This is forcing the VrayFur to update every frame instead of being frozen at the initial frame state. This also applies to the GPU Renderer. Maybe this can be addressed in a future update?

Comment

Sorry for the late reply.

How are you rendering the animation - using live link or a vrscene file ?
      Can you send us the max file (or a simplified version) which reproduces the issue ?

Greetings,
      Vladimir Nedev
      Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Hi Vladimir,
        Rendering through 3dsmax using live link. I've sent you an e-mail with the files. Although the animated map is still applied, so it will render correctly. If you remove the map, the error should occur again. Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X