Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass Highlight Flickering

Hi,
    There is flickering at the base of the glass vase. The scene has alot of noise so, I've increased the samples and other render settings to minimise it however, the highlight flickering on the vase doesn't seem to get any better.
    I've attached a render of this below.
    Do you know how to fix this?
    Thanks,
    N
    Vantage 2.3.0
    C1c_Glass_Flicker.zip
    Attached Files

It's hard to say without the scene.
    If you have a small area light or the sun that's lighting the glass, you can try making it "invisible", so it's not seen in refractions.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions.
      I've discovered the flickering is from a small Sphere Light off-screen to the left. I've set it to Exclude the Glass Vase and the Water in the Vase however, the flickering still happens but it's reduced.
      Do you have any suggestions for either the light or the glass material that would help solve this?

FYI, I've added the Preset Glass and Water materials to the vase and water.

If Specular is turned off in the Sphere Light, the flickering is removed completely however, I want it on all the other objects in the scene so, this isn't a solution.
      The sphere light parameters are below;
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Light Sphere params.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	1206113
      Last edited by NorthVisualStudio; 08-04-2024, 02:13 AM.

Comment

I've set it to Exclude the Glass Vase and the Water in the Vase however, the flickering still happens but it's reduced.
        Light include/exclude lists don't work in Vantage.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Working...
        X