Vantage Animation file format not supported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vantage Animation file format not supported

Good morning. I get the attached issue when the animation of finished and I got play it back and it's an MP4. Any idea what the issue is.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	80
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	1206271

It looks like the file is corrupted. What is the file size, is it very low? Was it saved on a local or network drive while rendering? Does it work with other media players?
    Nikola Goranov
    Chaos Developer

Comment

Thank you for the reply. The file size is 9mb, only a low rez test. The file is saved to same machine my main machine I always use, It has never happened before. No it will not open in anything other than Chaos player. i dropped in to that to see it.

Comment

Can I send you the mp4 , I don't understand whats wrong. need to get the Animations out to a client.

Comment

You can send it to me ( nikola.goranov <at> chaos.com ) but I don't think I can fix the file. You will probably have to re-render. My hope is that it's a one-off random corruption. If you're worried about committing to a long render again, try a second or two of low sampled animation first and then go for the full length.
          Nikola Goranov
          Chaos Developer

Comment

Well, good news: it seems it's just the codec. We added AV1 support to our latest release, it's a new and better codec (we used H.264 before). The file opens fine in my VLC 3.0.20, and also in Windows "Movies & TV" app and Windows media player after I installed the AV1 codec from the Microsoft store (screenshot below).

If you're worried about your client not having a compatible player etc., you could disable AV1 from Preferences->General. H.264 will be used instead. You can verify which codec was used in VLC from Tools->Codec Information.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	64
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	1206294
            Nikola Goranov
            Chaos Developer

Comment

Yes thank you very much, I have disabled the Av1 from preferences. Thank you. Cart before the horse as they say.
              All good now. Thank you for sorting so quickly.

Phil

Comment

Working...
              X