Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exposure Mode Turning Off When Rendering

Hi,
    I am rendering a 3D camera tracked sequence - Syntheyes has exported a 3ds max Physical Camera so the exposure controls aren't working as well as a V-Ray camera.
    To fix this, I have used Exposure Mode in Vantage to get better control of the exposure however, when I start rendering, it turns off the Exposure Mode and the renders are super bright.
    Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?
    Thanks,
    N

Are you rendering through live link or from a vrscene file?
    Nikola Goranov
    Chaos Developer

Comment

Live Link.
      I've figured out a workaround by reducing the Exposure in Vantage. I'd rather not use this but it works.

Comment

I don't remember why we left camera editing enabled in live link mode inside Vantage, but as you can see other parts of the UI are empty, like the lights and object tabs. This is because any changes you make may be overwritten by the linked host application. Only things that are not exported through the link, such as the post-processing settings are safe. Your camera exposure settings were overwritten when you started rendering and the full camera definition was exported from Max to Vantage. In this workflow you should make your changes in Max except for things like quality settings and post-processing of course.
        Nikola Goranov
        Chaos Developer

Comment

The issue is that the camera Syntheyes creates is a 3ds max physical camera and it requires Exposure Control to be turned on which doesn't port over to Vantage.
          Having said that, if the physical camera is converted to a V-Ray camera, it will all for the exposure to be set in-camera and retain the track data from Syntheyes.
          So, the solution is to convert the Physical camera to a V-Ray camera with Lele's script.
          I've found that selecting Physical Exposure under the Exposure and Color tab in the V-Ray Camera settings works.

Comment

Working...
          X