Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay Camera Target not updating in 3ds Max Live Link Render

Hello,

I've been having an issue where my camera target will not animate when rendering from 3DS Max 2024 through Vantage live link. The camera target will move correctly when scrubbing the timeline in Max, but when I click "Render Animation in Vantage" the camera target distance remains stationary throughout the render, leading to incorrect DOF effects.

The problem seems to happen when I switch between different Max files, but I haven't been able to always replicate it. I am able to resolve this by restarting 3ds Max, but it's really inconvenient to have to restart Max all the time.

Has it worked before with Live Link? You might need to export a vrscene for it to render properly.

Comment

Yep, if I restart Max and start a live link it renders correctly, but sometimes if I open a different Max file without closing Max and try to render again I have this issue.

Comment

Hi joseph_swedenhjelm,

I tested with different .max files, without restart, that have animated camera target to control the focus distance and I couldn't reproduce the issue. Additionally, if the issue is happening when in Live Link then it sounds to me like it's a V-Ray export issue and not a Vantage issue. If it happened when rendering from a vrscene inside Vantage then it's a Vantage issue. Either way can you send 2 scene where the issue is occurring so we can test it on our end?

Best regards,
        Alexander
        Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Working...
        X