RTX 4080 issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTX 4080 issues

Hello. Yesterday we noticed that one of the PCs that has a RTX 4080 GPU card installed stopped working in vantage. The issue happens both with opening vantage scenes or using live link. We tried to move the card on another system but the same happens.
    We are using the latest vray and vantage, max 2022 and wind 10.
    The error point to low RAM but this also happens with a blank scene that contains only a Vray sun for example.

Any help with this issue would be appreciated.
    I'm attaching the error message and the minidump file.

Attached Files
    pixel bender @ panoptikon

Hi, thanks for posting.
    We tried to move the card on another system but the same happens.
    Do you mean that the other system crashes as well with this video card? If the new system crashes with the same video card that used to crash in the other system it most probably is a defective GPU device.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply Vladimir.

Comment

The dump file doesn't show much. Can you also share the log file? %APPDATA%/Chaos Group/Vantage/debug_log.txt but you have to copy it after a crash because it gets overwritten every time.

Also try using a different driver.
        Nikola Goranov
        Chaos Developer

Comment

I've attached the log file. It seems that this motherboard has issues with unreal also. I've tried different drivers but the issue is still present. We will send the GPU to be checked.
          Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, nothing suspicious in the log either. It seems it just stopped working at some point. You should check the hardware. By the way, the GPU in this log is 4090, not 4080.
            Nikola Goranov
            Chaos Developer

Comment

Working...
            X