Lag after Livelink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lag after Livelink

Anyone notice after using livelink and turning it off how 3dsmax becomes incredibly laggy? I generally have to restart 3dsmax to resolve this. Also whilst livelinking is there any reason you can't get Vantage to pause and not try to update whilst working in 3dsmax? Maybe I'm missing something, there doesn't appear to be a pause livelink button.

Thanks for the help as always,

Regards,

Jason
    AMD Threadripper 3990x 64C Processor, 128 GB DDR4-3200 Ram, 48 GB PNY Quadro RTX A6000, ​Windows Pro 10.0.19045, 3dsmax 2024 SP3, Vray 6 Update 2.1, Vantage 2.3.0​

Hi, thanks for posting. Why would you need a pause feature? You can start/stop Live Link using the button and this is the same as pausing.

Anyone notice after using livelink and turning it off how 3dsmax becomes incredibly laggy?
    I haven't noticed anything like this. Just checked it again and no issues. Maybe there is something specific to your workflow or setup. Could you tell us more about how you get the lag?
    Is it a complex scene, is it every scene, does your 3ds Max viewport lag or anything else (and what is it)?
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

HI vladimir_krastev, I found that livelink for me is very slow responding, maybe it's my large file size of 600mb, now I make sure everything is turned off and I only work on small things at a time, this is very slow for me, the pause button would allow me to work in 3dsmax at normal speed and then unpause every couple of minutes for the update to Vantage, maybe that's not feasibile? After this deadline for tomorrow I will get back on resolving these issues, I'll try the old classic of bring it into a new fresh file and see if that helps.

On animating I'm getting a 20 second lag between frames, maybe this is normal now? I've only ever used the send animation to Vantage function before and never successfully tried Livelink under animating, unfortunately the send animation button doesn't work for me now as it sends the first 100 or so camera frames and then stops.

Kind regards and thanks for the help.

Jason
      AMD Threadripper 3990x 64C Processor, 128 GB DDR4-3200 Ram, 48 GB PNY Quadro RTX A6000, ​Windows Pro 10.0.19045, 3dsmax 2024 SP3, Vray 6 Update 2.1, Vantage 2.3.0​

Comment

it sends the first 100 or so camera frames and then stops.
        Which button are you using? If you are using the Export and send the current animation range as a .vrscene to Chaos Vantage and you have a 100 frames animation range then it is expected. ​
        Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X