Live Link Opens Vantage - Stays on Open Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Link Opens Vantage - Stays on Open Window

Hey, Just updated to 2.3.0 and latest 3ds max installer (max 2024). Minor issue when I go to do live link it opens vantage but stays on the vantage open window (new scene,open scene window). Have to click open, then click on and off a few times in max to get it to work as it did before... Anyone else experience this?

also, I miss the fireplace splash screen.... so comforting.... all that traffic on wet roads gives me anxiety

I thought it was just me.
    The same thing happens here too.

Comment

Same here.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

So you start live link in Max and let it start Vantage? Is it different if you start Vantage yourself first? And even after it has started you have to toggle the live link _several_ times? Does it start if you do not press "new file"/"open file"?
        Nikola Goranov
        Chaos Developer

Comment

Originally posted by npg View Post
          So you start live link in Max and let it start Vantage? Is it different if you start Vantage yourself first? And even after it has started you have to toggle the live link _several_ times? Does it start if you do not press "new file"/"open file"?
          Yeah, does that when you let max start vantage. Not an issue when there's already an instance of vantage running.... It's a minor annoyance getting both apps talking to each other normally after that... I just want to push the button and not have to have a little sit down with both apps before diving into something

Comment

I tried several times on two different machines with Vantage 2.3.0 and V-Ray 6.20 and I couldn't reproduce this. Does this behavior depend on the scene (e.g. only a teapot vs a heavy scene) or something else?
            Nikola Goranov
            Chaos Developer

Comment

I've experienced it on an empty scene and also large scenes. dunno

Comment

So are you saying that when you click on the Livelink icon, Vantage opens, but when click on it to disconnect, Vantage stays open?

Comment

The live link button is not supposed to close Vantage when toggled off. This is intentional - you may want to continue working unlinked.
                  Nikola Goranov
                  Chaos Developer

Comment

That's what I typically do. Just trying to understand the issue posted above.

Comment

Failed to launch

Bobby Parker
                      www.bobby-parker.com
                      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Vantage fails to launch
                        No, it does launch. It fails to link. The toolbar button does two things: launches Vantage if it isn't running and then starts live link. For some reason it failed the latter part ("it works on my machine" of course). You don't have to close Vantage. Try just toggling the link button without closing Vantage.
                        Nikola Goranov
                        Chaos Developer

Comment

Working...
                        X