Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vantage Slow Interaction

Hi all,

Anyone else get very slow interaction with Vantage with 3dsmax livelink?

Please see movie attached showing sluggishness...

I've tried setting the Live Link frame timeout to 0.1 and 10.0 with no difference.

Ignore the polcount on the video as I've tried it with nothing on except the lights with the same problem.

Thanks,

Jason
    AMD Threadripper 3990x 64C Processor, 128 GB DDR4-3200 Ram, 48 GB PNY Quadro RTX A6000, ​Windows Pro 10.0.19045, 3dsmax 2024 SP3, Vray 6 Update 2.1, Vantage 2.3.0​

Can you share a scene that we can reproduce this with? The frame timeout setting is for animation rendering only.
    Nikola Goranov
    Chaos Developer

Comment

Thanks npg, I'll upload to your tech support. You mention the frame out setting, I was wondering why have it at all? Forgive my ignorance but it's only ranging from 0.1 to 10 seconds. Is the 10 seconds saying to Vantage stop rendering the animation should it go above this?

Jason
      AMD Threadripper 3990x 64C Processor, 128 GB DDR4-3200 Ram, 48 GB PNY Quadro RTX A6000, ​Windows Pro 10.0.19045, 3dsmax 2024 SP3, Vray 6 Update 2.1, Vantage 2.3.0​

Comment

The naming is not ideal, it's a wait interval, not a timeout. This option tries to ensure that data transfer for the frame has begun (in case Max or its plugins are being slow with a large scene) before telling Vantage to continue, otherwise Vantage may start rendering the next frame while the data it holds has not updated yet. It's a workaround for not having a more robust way to detect what's going.
        Nikola Goranov
        Chaos Developer

Comment

One other thing I find when using livelink and then closing it down completely, 3dsmax seems to go into slug mode where it feels like it still has Vantage open which of course it hasn't.

For me Vantage is unworkable with 3dsmax for anything other than very simple things, very strange behaviour but of course nothing new for 3dsmax and plugins.

Ignore this I hadn't realised having closed down Vantage the livelink button in 3dsmax was still active so I guess doing something behind the scenes, still slightly weird behaviour.

Thanks
          Last edited by luckett_jason@hotmail.com; 07-05-2024, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X