Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just 2 wishes = Edge Texture + Vertex Animation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just 2 wishes = Edge Texture + Vertex Animation?

It would be an understatement to say I've been enjoying using this tool, it's already proved it's worth on several projects, it's a game changer and I'm really excited about where this is heading. A big chunk of my project work relates to large scale Masterplans and Urban design. Models typically clover areas of many square kilometres. Visually it's all about showing buildings in simple illustrative form (white card treatment) whilst bringing the green spaces and public realm/street scenes to life (photo-realistic). Being able to live stream a video feed of the design models to our client with millions of trees, detail and fantastic lighting as really helped build confidence in the design process. There are only 2 items on my wish list:

1. Support for Edge Texture? or similar Toon shader that would allow us to put a subtle outline around important building features.
    2. I know this one's challenging! Is there any planned support for Vertex animation in the future pipeline?? To add moving people / crowds to the scenes would be the ultimate goal in real-time urban design.

Thank you
    W

Originally posted by will_mclardy View Post
    It would be an understatement to say I've been enjoying using this tool, it's already proved it's worth on several projects, it's a game changer and I'm really excited about where this is heading. A big chunk of my project work relates to large scale Masterplans and Urban design. Models typically clover areas of many square kilometres. Visually it's all about showing buildings in simple illustrative form (white card treatment) whilst bringing the green spaces and public realm/street scenes to life (photo-realistic). Being able to live stream a video feed of the design models to our client with millions of trees, detail and fantastic lighting as really helped build confidence in the design process. There are only 2 items on my wish list:

1. Support for Edge Texture? or similar Toon shader that would allow us to put a subtle outline around important building features.
    2. I know this one's challenging! Is there any planned support for Vertex animation in the future pipeline?? To add moving people / crowds to the scenes would be the ultimate goal in real-time urban design.

Thank you
    W
    I would love to have moving people (by AXYZ, for example) too!

Comment

Working...
    X