Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trasparencies and traslucency material

Hi,
    I noticed that vantage doesn't do well with transparencies.
    The Refract switches directly from transparency to solid color when changing the Value color.
    In addition, the translucency of the materials is lacking.

The Refract switches directly from transparency to solid color when changing the Value color.
    Can you show us an example of this ?

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Hi poliedrostudiosrl_pol

Can you try with the denoiser disabled? There is a limitation to the denoiser that on first bounce ignores diffuse value and calculates either refraction or reflections making refractive objects more visible due to reflections. And in your case if the refract color is very dark and you have denoiser on you will see that color in the viewport. Also keep in mind that the scene with denoiser > 0 and denoiser=0 will be different in reflections and refractions.

Best regards,
      Alexander
      Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Hello, the denoise always deactivates it.
        I am attaching an image to the link.
        At the top the refraction behaves as a solid object from the black value 0 to the gray value 25,
        at the bottom it appears transparent starting from the gray value 26 (the jump occurs not gradually)

https://we.tl/t-IkTGuIcmgh

Comment

At the top the refraction behaves as a solid object from the black value 0 to the gray value 25,
          Oh, yes, I added this as an optimization a long time ago.
          Since refraction goes to 15 bounces, it can have a very negative effect on performance when you have many refractive objects one after another.
          This setup - dark refractive color + diffuse seems to be used a lot with leaves and it can destroy the performance, so that's why I disabled very dark refraction.

I will think about a better solution - maybe an option that disables this setup by default, and you can enable it if necessary, similar to clip opacity.

Greetings,
          Vladimir Nedev
          Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Working...
          X