X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Features required for VIZ

Hello,

Thanks for Vantage, the best GPU RT renderer yet,

Architectural VIZ need the following feutures as an urgent requirements to do photorealisltic renders and walk-throughs:

1-Vray Dirt support "or atleast global AO support".

2- From-To sequence range, I mean the ability to specifiy the range of time to render, or at least specify a range on time slider and option to render that range only or entire video.

3-the option "Render with Chaos Vantage" doesn't give the same result in compartion with 3DS max result for the same file regarding exposure, so we cannot guess the exposure that we will get from Vantage output!

Thanks
    Arch.Hussam Moudares
    ​​​
    Last edited by heeeeeeso; 24-11-2021, 08:14 AM.

Hi, Arch.Hussam Moudares

1-Vray Dirt support "or atleast global AO support".
    V-Ray Dirt texture support is in our TO DO list but no ETA. Global AO will be easier to implement and may become available earlier.

2-from-to sequence range, I mean the ability to specify the range of time to render, or at least specify a renage on time slider and option to render the range only or entire video.
    You can currently use the trim markers on the timeline to limit the frame range but in the next release there will be a Start and End frame options in the Sequence render dialogue so stay tuned

3-the option "Render with Chaos Vantage" doesn't give the same result in compartion with 3DS max result for the same file regarding exposure, so we cannot guess the exposure that we will get from Vantage output!
    Can you provide a screenshot/scene where we can investigate? Are you using a Max Physical camera, V-Ray Physical camera or Environment exposure? Max Physical camera and Environment exposure is not currently supported and if you use it can you try with a V-Ray Physical camera to see if then it will match up.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for reply,

I tried Vray physical camera, and there was a different between 3DS max output exposure, and Vantage output exposure, Vantage is allways 20 to 30% brighter.

There was another feature I recommend:

- An ability to change HDR rotation over the timeline, or as per each camera , so we can make time lapse videos.

- I am using live link most of time, also for walkthroughs, in order to avoid reseting Vantage file each time I made Livelink update, it would be wanderfull to offer an option to Freez or keep:.Vantage file even I made update for Livelink from 3DS max, to save the time of reopen .Vantage file each time after I made Livelink update, this could help alot.

Thanks
      Last edited by heeeeeeso; 24-11-2021, 09:30 AM.

Comment

- I am using live link most of time, also for walkthroughs, in order to avoid reseting Vantage file each time I made Livelink update, it would be wanderfull to offer an option to Freez or keep:.Vantage file even I made update for Livelink from 3DS max, to save the time of reopen .Vantage file each time after I made Livelink update, this could help alot.
        What kind of changes do you want to keep ?
        We disable most of the UI when in live link.
        Maybe you are talking about changes to the environment ?

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

When I initiate livelink again to update the changes, Vantage delets all cameras and environment, and open a new scene, it descard everything anf open a clwan Vantege file with the updated data from 3DS max, so I solve this be open the last saved Vantage file after Live link initiated, to restore the cameras and environment.

On the other hand, when i save deffirent Apperture ammound for each camera, and open that Vantage file the appearture ammount discarded, and it gave all cameras same ammount.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X