MATERIAL EDITING IN Vantage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MATERIAL EDITING IN Vantage

Is the ability to edit materials inside of Vantage in your road map? It would be a great feature along with support for Corona files.

Hi Luma3d,

Material editing is something we'll be adding later on and it will take some time. Until then we allow editing materials via Live link. As you request support for Corona files, I assume you cannot use Live link directly. Is converting the scene to V-Ray an option for you? This way Live link will be the way to adjust materials (and lots more).

Additionally, with the support of Chaos Cosmos materials there are some more material options. Could you describe what your desired workflow is? Do you use preset materials or build your materials from scratch? If you start with a preset, what parts of it do you frequently modify and how - adding color corrections, adding layers, adding procedural textures?

Best regards,
    Simeon

Comment

I'm mainly a Corona user. It would we be great if Vantage can work with Corona. However, the file I'm working on now is purposely created for vray so I can use Vantage. I really hate having to jump back and forth between two engine in order to use Vantage. Anyways, the problem is I have a wood floor texture that renders nice a dark in max but when ported over to Vantage it's light and washed out. I also noticed that the lighting quality is not the same as the frame buffer in max...like it has double the gamma.

Comment

Anyways, the problem is I have a wood floor texture that renders nice a dark in max but when ported over to Vantage it's light and washed out. I also noticed that the lighting quality is not the same as the frame buffer in max...like it has double the gamma.
        We need the 3ds Max scene, so we can examine what the issue is.
        Maybe some non-default color mapping settings (which Vantage doesn't support) are causing this.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Last edited by vladimir.nedev; 21-12-2021, 11:43 AM.
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Anyways, the problem is I have a wood floor texture that renders nice a dark in max but when ported over to Vantage it's light and washed out. I also noticed that the lighting quality is not the same as the frame buffer in max...like it has double the gamma.
          I've got your scene.

Vantage doesn't yet have support for the "Auto" type of the "Color space transfer function" of the VRayBitmap (introduced in V-Ray 5 update 2).
          Most of us are on vacation, so it might be after the new year when we release a build that has this fixed.
          However, it's a very important issue, so we will take a look at it ASAP.
          As a temporary workaround, you can switch to "sRGB" or "None" type depending on your bitmap.

Greetings,
          Vladimir Nedev
          Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

That was it...Switched to srgb and all good. Also added a LUT. Are u planning to add Post processing tools to Vantage?

Comment

Originally posted by Luma3d View Post
              That was it...Switched to srgb and all good. Also added a LUT. Are u planning to add Post processing tools to Vantage?
              We plan to add more post processing options, yes, but most likely not the full capabilities of the layers in the VFB.

Greetings,
              Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Another issue...No blurry refractions?

Comment

Originally posted by Luma3d View Post
                  Another issue...No blurry refractions?
                  Yes, they are not supported at the moment.

Greetings,
                  Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Working...
                  X