Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Override environment reflections

Hi

Would be great to have overrides similar like in max, where what you see for the actual environment, and the reflections of the environment can be different

That way we can use 1 hdro for the environment, and a different one for reflections

Or use vraysun/sky for environment, but override reflections with an HDRI
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Hey Morne,

This is already possible, if you set the Environment mode to Texture and the Background mode to Image:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	vantage_2022-06-07_15-07-51.png
Views:	128
Size:	306.8 KB
ID:	1150050

Would that work for your case?

Best regards,
    Simeon

Comment

Ah, I missed that part. Thanks!
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

I'm trying to do the same thing as Morne i.e. set a different HDRI image in the Max GI environment and Reflection/Reflection environment and render in Vantage.

The Vantage Background override seems to only work on materials with a Reflection Glossiness of 1.0. What about the other materials in the scene with a blurry glossiness <1.0? These blurry materials will be reflecting a different environment image to the glass so the Vantage override is not a solution.

Can we please just have Vantage using the Max Environment GI environment and Reflection/Reflection environment override options?
        Last edited by neil_clark; 28-11-2023, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Hi neil_clark,

This is currently not possible. We have to improve the Use for refraction/mirror reflections option so it also affects glossy materials(reflection and refraction). This request is logged in our system under LAV-1650 but cannot give you an ETA at the moment. I will try to raise the priority.

Best regards,
          Alexander
          Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Working...
          X