Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volumetric lights?

Hi Vantage team.
    How hard would it be to have a simple volumetric light in Vantage?
    Something along the lines of Evee (https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/l...lumetrics.html).
    In a lot of my scenes, especially the moodier and more cinematic ones, the absence of volumetric lights, godrays or volumetric fog is the one big thing that still makes the difference with V-Ray. There are possible workarounds for pretty much all other unsupported features (Blend mat, dirt, distance tex, decals) but not really for that.
    The existing Z pass fog is cool for big exteriors but not an option for enclosed scenes.
    Check my blog

Is it a requirement to support textured density for the fog ?
    Is it a requirement to support gizmos that restrict the volume of the fog ?

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Hey Vladimir. No. Texture-driven density wouldn’t be a must, and neither would be the possibility to restrict the boundaries of the fog. A generic fog that interacts with the lights would be in itself a huge jump for what I do and would offer a big increase in realism.
      Check my blog

Comment

I would like to greatly contribute to this request!!!
        Thanks a lot Vantage team

Comment

Wanted to re-up this request for simple volumetric lights / volumetric fog. I've been using Vantage a lot lately and have got to a point where I'm pretty much matching the V-Ray output. The only feature holding me back is the absence of a fog that interacts with lights.
          Check my blog

Comment

Working...
          X