Vray dirt and distance tex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray dirt and distance tex

I really would like to see vray dirt implemented in Vantage... I think it's real an important feature for architectural visualization, it really add a layer of realism to a lot of materials.
    Same thing for Distance tex. I used that a lot in Vray GPU, and I really could use it in Vantage too...
    Any chances to see these features in Vantage?

Thanks, cheers

Sure, we can implement them, but both are generally slow textures (require tracing rays), so they will negatively affect your rendering speed.

Manually drawing the effect in a bitmap texture would be far more efficient.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Sure I can draw a texture. The best workaround I found for this is do a complete setup of the dirt map (along with output map, radius mapping, etc), then render to texture and use the b/w map in vantage to mask the parts with dirt.
      But obviously it will be much more effective to be able to setup the whole thing in real time, with the ability to tweak dirt radius and other parameters on the fly.
      Honestly I would not care if any frames will take a bunch more seconds to render due to these procedural textures, because render a whole animation with Vantage will always be extremely quicker than using Vray GPU, and the chance to use Vray dirt and Vray distance tex will honestly be great!
      I really hope you can implement these maps one day, and reading the wish list I noticed I'm not the only one that would be happy for this!
      Any way thanks for the response! Cheers

Comment

I'd like to add my vote for this too.

And as mentioned, the slowdown in render speed would be a trade off, but one that would balance itself out vs creating bitmap masks.

Maybe Chaos could have a checkbox to enable / disable these kind of Raytracing effects, so for those who purely want speed, then they can leave them off.
        Dean Punchard > Head of CGI at HUB

Comment

Working...
        X