Live link batch render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live link batch render

Chaos Vantage has become an indispensable part of our workflow. We make animations every day. But our render farm is now gathering dust. Our compliments to the developer team!

However, there is one thing we are still missing within Vantage. We render all our animations via the 3ds Max Vray live link. But to our knowledge there is no option to create a batch sequence. In this way we can activate Vantage at the end of our working day. The ideal would be to specify a camera, scene state and output path per scene.

Is this something you are working on?​

Hi Lindhout,

You cannot currently render out in a batch multiple sequences with different camera setups but that is something we are definitely going to improve and implement in the future. We will let you know when there is some progress.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

If possible to open up a bit more the script access, one could get a long way.

In the earlier versions of Vantage, the setup to render a sequence was done mainly within 3dsmax. Now in the newer versions, the promt to set sequence settings is done within Vantage.

I would be happy with the option to script a job from within max and the ability to start a live link and execute my script to setup the camera, load config file for looks/settings, set frame range, samples, resolution and output path.

Doing so would allow different team members to use exact settings when re-doing (which you tend to do a lot in the line of work) - a small think like just knowing how many samples was used during the last output... how would you know?

So lets say i wrote an .MS file for each shot in my scene, that when executed chose the camera, starts a render/live link and start the render sequence with set settings. That would be enough (when using live-link - i am aware it doesn't help for full export)

Comment

I second this!

Would be amazing to queue up several shots, and render over night, without manually setting everything off. Be that through a script, or a backburner type application.
        Dean Punchard > Head of CGI at HUB

Comment

Would also love to see a batch render feature. I use Pulze Scene & Render Managers for batch renders and I'm sure they would implement this somehow.

Comment

Working...
          X