support for VFB presets in vantage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• support for VFB presets in vantage

would be great if live link could pick up the VFB adjustments from vray GPU and take them across to Vantage or to at least be able to load in a preset saved from the max VFB
    i do quite a lot of colour and image adjustment in VFB so its a bit annoying to have to rebuild again to match the look of the max vfb.

thanks

Hi squintnic,

I have logged in your request in our system, we will let you know when there is some development. As a workaround for the moment you can export the VFB layer stack as a LUT file and use that inside Vantage.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander.Atanasov View Post
      Hi squintnic,

I have logged in your request in our system, we will let you know when there is some development. As a workaround for the moment you can export the VFB layer stack as a LUT file and use that inside Vantage.

Best regards,
      Alexander
      ahh thanks that will work, i had forgotten about that feature

Comment

ok tried this and it looks very different to my VFB settings.
        i also noticed on large scenes using live link the color corrections always reset to default, even if the file is saved? any work arounds for this?

the exposure values for cameras also dont match - im using a max physical camera would it be to do with this?

Comment

Hi squintnic,

and it looks very different to my VFB settings.
          Can you send a snapshot with the VFB and Vantage color corrections. You may have to try different color spaces in the LUT group.

i also noticed on large scenes using live link the color corrections always reset to default, even if the file is saved? any work arounds for this?
          The color corrections reset when a live link is restarted. If you have saved a .vantage file with set CCs then when you start live link go to File>Open Scene as Config only and select the saved .vantage file.

the exposure values for cameras also dont match - im using a max physical camera would it be to do with this?
          Yes, exposure of the Max Physical Camera is not currently supported. Please try with a V-Ray Physical camera to see if it matches better

Best regards,
          Alexander
          Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Working...
          X