X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decal, Enmesh, Displacement, Procedural maps

Hi there,

Are these on the "to do list"?

Also light direction and decay - use it a lot now that it's available in vray?
    Last edited by philip_nel; 13-07-2023, 06:38 AM.

Hi philip_nel,

All of the mentioned features are in the TO DO list with Displacement in the lead of priorities. By procedural textures do you mean for bump and opacity? Because they should work in any other material slot that is supported. Light directionality is supported can you give an example where it doesn't work for you? Light decay is also in the TO DO list with no ETA at the moment.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Thanks for the reply Alexander.
      Yes, those 2 slots I use all the time.

I didn't pick up on light direction, did a quick test now and it's working - thanks!

Looking forward to see what will be implemented with next release...suppose it's a waiting game.
      Just hope I can test "TO DO list" updates before subscription runs out - this will hopefully convince company to buy a Vantage subscription.

Comment

Is Enmesh support something that is comming in the near future?
        This because it's now supported on the Vray GPU

Comment

I'd be interested to know if Enmesh support is coming too. It's a very useful feature in cpu but haven't fully dived into using it across the board yet. Vantage support would change this.

Comment

Hi guys,

We have it logged under LAV-1140 but cannot give ETA and it is not in the near TO DO list. However I will try to raise its priority.

Best regards,
            Alexander
            Alexander Atanasov

Chaos

Comment

Hello, when I apply from the Cosmos gallery -> 3D Models -> Enmesh -Pattern to a solid in SketchUp, it doesn't display in Chaos Vantage. Does anyone know if this can be resolved?

Comment

Hi alejandro_ledesma,

We need to add support for Enmesh models in Vantage for you to see it properly. I will try and raise the priority.

Best regards,
                Alexander
                Alexander Atanasov

Chaos

Comment

Working...
                X