X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shadow catcher and background mp4

Dear Vantage team
    Vantage has proved to be amazing tool for animating archviz films,
    I believe that next step to elevate our films or still images could be merging 3d in existing footage or existing photos.
    In order for this to happen two things need to be implemented, shadow catcher ( even for just one source, sun, sky, HDRI , or one light source) and background support for mp4.
    Can you please implement these two functions. Nowadays camera tracking is very easy either with iphone app CamTrack or using After Effects, so the only thing missing for very advanced vfx fast and cheap is vantage support for those two functionalities.
    Maybe if I would add a third would be the hemispere dome projection that you have in VRay, this way we can straight forward embed 360 videos from 360 cameras like Theta....
    Thank you very much in advance

Hi digital_technologies,

Yes, we have shadow catcher(LAV-13, LAV-684) and animated sequences to be used as background(LAV-1443) logged in our system but are not as high a priority at the moment. We will let you know when there is some development on the matter.
    By 'hemispere dome projection' do you mean the finite dome light that got introduced in V-Ray 6? I will log it in our system(LAV-1525).

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

thnaks a lot
      yers this is what i mean

Comment

This is a great proposal and I hope to see these features in the next version!

Comment

Working...
        X