Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filmic tonemap start without changing the image

dear vantage team
    can you please make it so that when we enable filmic tonemap , the image starts without any changes, and then by playing with the sliders we make changes,
    thanks a lot

Hi, thanks for posting. There is a on/off button for the filmic tonemap. Could explain a bit further why the on/off button is not enough? Maybe you need it to be like a layer with opacity so you can minimise the effect?
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

usually the workflow goes like this: you try to improve the looks of your images by playing around with camera, exposure, lighting and at the end you reach to filmic tonemap for nice final post production.
      When i enable it i want that it start without applying straight forward changes to the image, ( cause this way i am not sure which slider caused the changes) but instead when i enable the image stays as is, and then by adjusting the sliders, I edit my filmic tone and changes apply.
      pretty much the way you have it for everything else in post production, like saturation, color abberation... where you enable adn then changes apply only when you move sliders
      thanks a lot

Comment

Final changes in the image are a combination and a result from all the sliders. The filmic tonemap is not a simple exposure to slide it from -1 to +1 and observe the effect. In my opinion the only logical thing that could be done is to be able to blend it with percentage like a layer in Photoshop for instance.
        Last edited by vladimir_krastev; 28-07-2023, 06:53 AM.

Comment

dear Vladimir
          I think i got misunderstood.
          I like very much all the sliders that define filmic tonemap, my point is that I want when I enable the switch on for filmic tonemap I want the starting point to not change my image.
          For instance when I enable (switch on) the saturation it does not start with fully desaturated or fully saturated, but rather it starts without changing my image, and then i can define how much i want to saturate it, when i switch on color balance it starts without any applied color correction.
          Only when i switch on filmic tonemap it start with adjustments in my image, which I am not even sure from which slilder they derive, Instead I would like to switch on filmic tonemap, and start without my image to be affected, until i start playing with sliders like, gamma, shoulder length.....
          I hope my issue is clear now.
          your idea about an overall percentage at the end of the filmic tonemap is great.
          Thanks a lot

Comment

which I am not even sure from which slider they derive
            Hi, that was my point. The changes derive from all sliders simultaneously. I will discuss the opacity/percentage slider idea with the product management team but for now I can't promise anything.

Comment

Working...
            X