Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• live link animation rendering as fast as standalone vantage

Dear Vantage team
    Very often when we use anima 4d people , or animated trees, or animated scatter... rendering animation through live link becomes slow, mainly because of the time it takes to swap between frames, (I mean it renders fast and then stops for 5 second until it moves to the next frame)
    The same scene if I export to vantage standalone it renders very fast cuase there is no delay between frames.
    This makes standalone more appealing but at the same time exporting animated vrscenes is time consuming and there are many things that you cannot do. (like animated contraints, as follow camera, look at object , slice modifier and many others)
    If you manage to find a way to solve this , live link render animation will be very intuitive and will advance our work significantly.
    At the same topic, you have provided two options with live link render animation, (one using VANtage UI, one not) but they seam to look exactly the same. And usually when animation starts to render things that you have defined in vantage, are lost, and this is very very annoying.
    It should be that one of the two options just renders exactly whatyou see in vantage viewport, ignoring totally 3ds max settings (for lighting, volumetric fog.....) and the other one to privillede 3ds max settings.

I don't think this is possible. Also note that you're comparing the time to export and render through live link with the time to render an already exported and loaded file. If you count the file export time the difference would not be so great. At best, the Vray for 3dsmax team could look for inefficiencies in the export code, but it's often 3dsmax itself and/or third party plugins that are slow.

The separate options for using the Vantage UI or not do not exist in 2.0, there is only one way to do it.
    Nikola Goranov
    Chaos Developer

Comment

Very often when we use anima 4d people , or animated trees, or animated scatter... rendering animation through live link becomes slow, mainly because of the time it takes to swap between frames, (I mean it renders fast and then stops for 5 second until it moves to the next frame)
      There is no way for us to solve this. It's an issue with 3dsMax performance (probably many separate issues).
      You can try to improve the performance by using V-Ray Proxies wherever possible.

Greetings,
      Vladimir Nedev
      Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Working...
      X