Blend Maps + Diffusion Adoption Timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blend Maps + Diffusion Adoption Timeline

Can anybody provide an approximate timeline for the implementation of support for Blend Maps / Displacement / Opacity (beyond the simplified version we have at the moment)?
    These features have been requested on these forums since Dec 2020 and was identified as a priority back then but has yet to be brought in almost 3 years later.
    I appreciate the demands on hardware could be significant but to have them as an on/off option would be really useful to our workflow.
    Thank you.

Hi, thanks for posting. These features are logged and our project managers and developers consider and evaluate every client input. We can not give you a time frame as of now. I will add your thread to the list of clients requesting these features
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Vladimir,
      Thanks for the reply. I understand the reluctance to specify a timeline for individual features, but are you able to confirm if these are in the development pipeline and in any way being treated as a priority? Based on other forum posts over the past 2.5 years I know we are not alone in requesting these.
      All of the features noted above are used in our Arch visualization workflow to enhance the realism of our exterior environments. The quality of water, vegetation, detailed exterior elements like rocks and ground surfaces all rely on blend, diffusion and opacity shaders, and as a result, are at the moment, out of sync with the quality we can achieve using standalone Vray. We love the time-saving benefits that Vantage brings over Vray, and appreciate there are some concessions to make, but hope that these options will be implemented soon so the the fidelity of our exterior output can be improved with Vantage.

Comment

Hi, all I can say is there are indeed a lot of reports on the list. We have collected them all and reported all clients' input to the development and project management teams. The upgrades will be implemented as soon as possible.
        Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X