X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scene Merge on Live-link

Hello, i am junior architect at UN Studio,
    We are very happy to use Chaos Vantage Features in architecture design workflow,

As an Architects we mostly use Rhino\Revit Live-link feature, coz we do constant updates on design studies.

There are no animation tools in rhino itself, so each time when i need to render rhino scene with animated people,
    i have to send it via .vrscene to 3dsmax > import axyz scene, and then render it all through max.

I wanted to ask if you can review with AXYZ team a possibility to add such a function:

Scene Merge on Live Link
    I want to be able to add animated AXYZ 4d animated people to Rhino Live-Link Vantage Scene.

Thanks,
    Andrii
  • Answer selected by vladimir_krastev at 16-01-2024, 06:08 AM.

Hi again. The Anima 4D models can not be exported with animation using vrscene. Anima 4d models do not work with Sketchup as well. The workflow for now requires 3ds max for merging Anima models and exporting vrscenes. The Anima's own vrscene exporter needs serious upgrades to be able to work on its own for 4d models or Vantage needs a lot of changes to be able to merge anima models directly. We will notify you if we plan for upgrades in the future.

Comment

HI, thanks for posting. We will discuss your idea and get back to the thread.
      Anima 4D can export vrscene. Maybe you could merge your animated people from Anima in Vantage through vrscene (without Live Link for now) and share your thoughts about it.

Edit: Actually it seems the vrscene export from Anima is not up to date. We will see if anything can be done about that as well.
      Last edited by vladimir_krastev; 23-10-2023, 07:55 AM.
      Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Vladimir,

I work at Design Engine Architects and use Chaos Vantage with Sketchup for both final output and design iterations and like Andrey would like to be able to use Anima 4D and animated people in our outputs.
        I am intrigued to know of a way to utilise Anima 4D without going through the base modelling software of Sketchup in our case. We use archicad at the moment and hoping for chaos to provide a live link in the future.

Andrey - please do let share if you have success utilising Anima 4D without going through Rhino and straight into Vantage.

Thanks

Josh

Comment

Hi, vladimir_krastev​, thanks for quick reply.
          it's been a while i tested few things.

I bought a 4d model in Anima AXYZ,
          set a walk animation with path,
          after i save and press export to vrscene,
          immediately i got a message that 4d assets cannot be exported to vrscene.
          (As result this workflow not working)

However, there is button in 3ds max plugin,
          export animation scene to Vantage,
          this button exporting 4d Animations, all scatters, literally everything.
          and after you are even able to move animated objects, which is great.
          (We need same exporter right from Anima software,
          and ability to merger this animated scene with Live Link scene)

Another way to merge vrscenes into live link project, is basically to shut down Rhino or SketchUp,
          after this vantage functions appears in menu, and you are able to use merge function. But you cannot save scene after.
          So, it's more like a useful bag)

josh_letherbarrow​ so far for me as for architect, i see only one possible way, is to export vrscene from rhino,
          import it to 3ds max, and there i have to add all animated people. And then to render out of 3ds max.

I am enough smart to go with that workflow, and to spend import export time.
          In scale of architectural office that will not work unfortunately.
          So, i hope these functions could be developed in future.

Exporter Anima 4D to vrscene or directly to vantage, same way as we have it in 3ds max.

Scene merger for Live Link Projects or some type of vantage work session ability

Comment

Hi again. The Anima 4D models can not be exported with animation using vrscene. Anima 4d models do not work with Sketchup as well. The workflow for now requires 3ds max for merging Anima models and exporting vrscenes. The Anima's own vrscene exporter needs serious upgrades to be able to work on its own for 4d models or Vantage needs a lot of changes to be able to merge anima models directly. We will notify you if we plan for upgrades in the future.
            Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
            X