Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

one click send selected objects to vantage and merge in current vantage scene.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one click send selected objects to vantage and merge in current vantage scene.

Dear Vantage team
    I have written about this topic previously , but I would like to clarify once more the importance of such a feature.
    Even though live link is very powerful, it lacks two main things compared to vantage standalone. First it is so much easier and intuitive to play around with sun position, HDRI rotation, cameras, fog, lights ..... in Vantage compared to 3ds max interface during live link.
    Secondly rendering animation live link it takes so much more time compared to vantage standalone cuase of lagging every frame of updating 3ds max viewport. This is a 3ds max issue.
    For these two reasons I always prefer vantage standalone.
    If you add one click button that automatically sends selected objects of 3ds max (one button for still objects, one for animated objects as you have for the whole scene) and merges them in the existing scene that you have open in vantage standalone, that would be the ultimate workflow!!!!
    Please make it that it automatically saves incremental the vrscenes of selected objects, so that you avoid renaming and not overidding the vrscenes of selected objects. This workflow is almost identical to live link but much much more intuitive
    Please consider this request as very important for archviz workflow. One additional benefit is that this way you can add ojbects from different 3ds max vray scenes.

PS. In midtime I tried the following workflow, but is not functioning well. I export vrscene and send to vantage ,in vantage I play around with lighting , adding lights, sun position, hdri rotattion..... and then I hoped that when i wanted to fix some things that i can only do in 3ds max, like geometry and texturing, i could open vantage scene as configuration only, expecting to keep all the new lights and cosmos i created, but unfortunately it did not.

I would like to add to this request.
    Vray in 3ds max has the export scene dialogue, there there is a similar thing to my request export and render, if you can add export and merge to vantage.
    maybe that could be a first step before you create a button as requested above
    thanks for you consideration

Comment

You can already export only the selected objects from the V-Ray ".vrscene exporter" dialog, so a button would only save you a couple of clicks. Or am I missing something?
      Nikola Goranov
      Chaos Developer

Comment

Right now you need to set the destination where the vrscene will be saved, the name of the vrscene, then go to that folder drag and drop to vantage, click the merge on the dialogue box.
        On an ideal workflow, this process you do it many many times , while buidling your scene in Vantage, while editing geometry, materials, textures in 3ds max. So I could imagine if only i would just click a button and the selected object saves without a dialogue as vrscene ( animated or not) and automatically merges and appears in my vantage scene. Pretty much as fast and intuitive the export vrscene vantage button works.

Comment

PS. In midtime I tried the following workflow, but is not functioning well. I export vrscene and send to vantage ,in vantage I play around with lighting , adding lights, sun position, hdri rotattion..... and then I hoped that when i wanted to fix some things that i can only do in 3ds max, like geometry and texturing, i could open vantage scene as configuration only, expecting to keep all the new lights and cosmos i created, but unfortunately it did not.​
          I think this should work if you follow these steps:
          1. export .vrscene from 3dsmax
          2. open .vrscene in Vantage
          3. make your Vantage changes and save .vantage file
          4. make your changes in 3dsMax, export new .vrscene overwriting the previous .vrscene and "File->Reload" in Vantage.

Greetings,
          Vladimir Nedev
          Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Working...
          X