Vray Frame Buffer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Frame Buffer

How about Vantage gets the Vray Frame Buffer? Firstly, familiarity will be a big help and secondly, vantage still needs all the post-production features on VFB like curve editor, and crypto map.
    Can you just copy and paste the code from VFB to Vantage and call it a day? jk

Thanks,

We can't directly integrate it because the VRay Frame Buffer is CPU based, it will be too slow for Vantage which works entirely on the GPU.
    We would need to port the CPU based VFB layers to DirectX/HLSL.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

@bladimir.nedev You are right. However, I was just referring to the functionality and design. Not necessarily integrate the actual VFB. If Vantage looks like VFB and has all the functionalities associated with postproduction, it would be great since all the users (I assume most users are using already Vray) don't need to learn from scratch, interfacing it. And Vantage is still missing pieces when it comes to post-process features.

Comment

I also like VRay's VFB, and I often save Vantage renderings in EXR format and open them with VRay's VFB to add lens effects.
        I want Vantage to save the EXR or VRIMG containing Cryptomatte so I can use VRay's VFB for post-production.
        Software: 3DsMax 2021.3 / 2024.2 | VRay 6 GPU + Chaos Vantage
        Hardware: i9-13900k | RTX 4090
        e-mail: imhill820@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by camouflage98 View Post
          How about Vantage gets the Vray Frame Buffer? Firstly, familiarity will be a big help and secondly, vantage still needs all the post-production features on VFB like curve editor, and crypto map.
          Can you just copy and paste the code from VFB to Vantage and call it a day? jk

Thanks,
          I also believe that if there was Vray VFB in Vantage, post-production could be managed better

Comment

Working...
          X