Import Vantage's sun & environment (Background) to 3Ds Max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import Vantage's sun & environment (Background) to 3Ds Max

Sometimes I need to render the final image in VRay and have a better experience with Cryptomatte in VFB.

But each time I spend a lot of time recreating the sun to match the one in Vantage. And the different Spherical mapping made me confused and spend a lot of time adjusting.

How great if We can import Vantage's sun & environment (Background) to 3Ds Max,
    OR, VRay's VFB can open VRIMG images exported by Vantage containing Cryptomatte.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bg.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	1197109
    Software: 3DsMax 2021.3 / 2024.2 | VRay 6 GPU + Chaos Vantage
    Hardware: i9-13900k | RTX 4090
    e-mail: imhill820@gmail.com

Hi, thanks for posting.
    We have a report in our system for Cryptomatte in Vantage under LAV-1480. I will add your thread to it and raise the priority.
    There is a report about importing light changes from Vantage back to 3ds Max under LAV-1653. I will add your thread to it and raise the priority.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by hill_lam View Post
      Sometimes I need to render the final image in VRay and have a better experience with Cryptomatte in VFB.

But each time I spend a lot of time recreating the sun to match the one in Vantage. And the different Spherical mapping made me confused and spend a lot of time adjusting.

How great if We can import Vantage's sun & environment (Background) to 3Ds Max,
      OR, VRay's VFB can open VRIMG images exported by Vantage containing Cryptomatte.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bg.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	1197109
      I managed those settings to be used inside 3dsmax. Instead of using the environment tab, i make a sphere and use a light material with a spherical map. It´s a lot easier and you can link to the sun and sky dome to be rotate together.

Comment

I managed those settings to be used inside 3dsmax. Instead of using the environment tab, i make a sphere and use a light material with a spherical map. It´s a lot easier and you can link to the sun and sky dome to be rotate together.​
        In this way, you are turning off the environment importance sampling, so if you have a real HDR image you may end up with
        renders that are way noisier compared to using the environment image. Some of that noise will be clamped, so the renders might be darker as well.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Working...
        X