Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vantage and anima

Hi,

I use Vantage often for previz and simple or smaller animations and it's fantastic and incredibly useful. However I run into issues with larger scenes (lots of forest packs etc) with anima people either using livelink or exporting to crazy sized vrscene. It would be fantastic if you place moving people in vantage using the anima workflow with-out needing to go through Max at all. Obviously the 4D people look fantastic but even if we could get the standard people in walking around, standing and talking that would be fantastic. With Enscape and Twinmotion offering this as standard, architects almost expect this now.

I run an A6000 and a scene I have been playing around with renders via livelink using about 30GB or VRAM, if I try and add 4 animated people and then click the render via livelink button it says it would require 48GB of Vram.

I saw somewhere on this forum that Brick's animated sequence for the vantage 2 commercial was all rendered via the livelink button but looking at the scene I'm not sure there were many if any Forest scatters in the scene at all.

Hope this is useful but I'm sure plenty more people must be running into these same issues every day and end up reverting to rendering on CPU.

Hi, thanks for posting. We will discuss the issue and get back to the thread.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I would like to contribute to the priority of intuitive embedding of anima 4d, anima 4d walking people in vantage, drag and drop solution, where inside Vantage we will be able to move these characters

Comment

I would third this, to be able to drag and drop animated people straight in Vantage with the need to go through 3DS max. Like Aflack says, standard people walking around etc would be a great start.

Comment

Working...
        X