One click solution to live link (transfer) from Enscape scene to Vantage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One click solution to live link (transfer) from Enscape scene to Vantage

I wish there will be live link solution between Enscape scene and vantage.

For example, from Rhino --> someone created a scene with Enscape assets and materials --> Live Link to Vantage (assets transferred, materials properly converted)

I hope this can be done without the use of 3Ds Max.
    Now we have to go from Enscape Rhino --> vrscene export to 3Ds Max --> Vantage which is a bit inconvenient.

Thanks.

Hi joeykey,

You can import the exported .vrscenes from Enscape directly in Vantage. Bear in mind that not everything translates correctly and matches perfectly as it is still in development.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for your response.
      This workflow however does not allow any changes to the vantage (v-ray) material directly. If say I want to change the color of sofa in Rhino, I would have to keep exporting and importing vrscene.

In this case what would be the best workflow if I started out in Enscape (including all the Enscape entourage people/car/vegetation placed) but want to switch to Vantage to continue exploring design options?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi joeykey,

Sorry for the late reply.

If say I want to change the color of sofa in Rhino, I would have to keep exporting and importing vrscene.
        Just a re-export would work, no need for importing. When you save a .vantage file from an open scene it internally creates a reference to that scene. On load Vantage loads that referenced file and so if you have made any changes they will be loaded as well, in your example the sofa will be red. You could check the thread here https://forums.chaos.com/forum/chaos...tage-live-link

Until we implement a material editor for full control I cannot think of a better workflow.

Best regards,
        Alexander
        Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Working...
        X