export vrscene from Vantage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• export vrscene from Vantage

when I work in Vantage standalone, and I create a scatter object, .like crowd in a stadium, I want to be able to save this new scatter as vrscene, so that I can drag and drop it to another vantage scene. The same for a fur object, or cosmos assets that I add to my scene, or materials that i placed in objects,
    Is it possible that vantage will be able to export selected geometry as vrscene.

We will need more details about your workflow to be able to properly implement something like this.

when I work in Vantage standalone, and I create a scatter object, .like crowd in a stadium, I want to be able to save this new scatter as vrscene, so that I can drag and drop it to another vantage scene. The same for a fur object,
    Scatter and fur objects have connections to other objects (targets and models), should those be included in the exported vrscene ?
    Because if they are, loading the created vrscene will load them too.
    If they are not, you are basically asking for a way to save presets of the Scatter and Fur properties, which is easier to do.

or cosmos assets that I add to my scene, or materials that i placed in objects,
    Why is this necessary ? You can just import those assets and materials again from Cosmos ?

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

So in general I consider exporting different parts of an architectural scene as vrscene to be the best workflow.
      So for instance I take a part from rhino, export as vrscene, build a forest in 3ds max export as vrscene, create anima 4d export as vrscene...... then all the vrscenes i drag and drop in vantage and I start compositing.
      So maybe then I add some cosmos assets to specific places and I want to be able to transfer these assets to another vantage scene. This other scene imagine has already some configuration. So I dont want to open the new vantage scene as configuration only (which would bring the cosmos assets but will overwrite the lighting.....)
      So I want to be able to export the cosmos assets as vrscene, so that I can drag and drop it to any other vantage scene file.
      This way you bring all different kind of geometries ,assets from different software in Vantage and then you save multiple vantage scenes, based on the clips you animate, the light configuration......
      I consider this to be the best workflow.
      Regarding scatter and fur I would prefer the hard way that models should be included in the vrscene, but even the presets may be useful
      Thanks a lot in advance

Comment

Working...
      X