Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Vantage for Previz

Hi!
    I'm currently using Vantage for previz on a commercial project.
    There are a few tools that I'd love to see in a future update which could be handy for such projects (and probably other types of projects as well)

Presets for common camera sensors in the industry (RED, Arri, Canon, BMD, Sony etc) - these can obviously be looked up, but would be awesome not having to, and getting the correct vertical film gate to match the sensor size of actual camera sensors..
    Measurement tools (that has a renderable on/off feature) from Camera to target, and generally around the camera as well (to measure camera height from floor etc) - This could also be handy as a more general tool between 2 or more objects in a scene etc.

Generally animating V-Ray light intensities doesn't work in vantage via Live link, you HAVE to export the whole vrscene as animation, which can take forever, depending on the objects that are in the scene..
    Same goes for general animation from 3ds Max V-Ray and then wanting to live link to vantage - the timeline doesn't get live linked over to vantage, so you have to export to vrscene - I guess there are some limitations here for what's possible in the Live Link feature

This is all I have for now, I'm still actively working on this project, and will be for quite a while (currently in Pre production, but might also try and use vantage when we go into actual production) so I might come up with more ideas/needs/wants/wishes
Working...
X