No announcement yet.

More controls over Camera transitions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More controls over Camera transitions.

I want to make an animation between three cameras, let s call them A, B and the last camera being C. The animation should not stop on the cam B but just fly by it. So my Camera animation timeline looks like this:

Cam A / Transition: In Quad / Cam B / Transition: Out Quad / Cam C

I want the animation to be as smooth as possible but I notice a jerky movement when I go through Cam B, as there is no easing on the cam B "key". I hope this makes sense. (If I put an In/out Quad interpolation, the animation would then stop on Cam B and start again towards Cam C.)

It would be amazing if we could have the same "track View" as in 3ds max. We would then be able to change the interpolation of the different keys as we wish using curves.

I noticed that there is a work around where we "Record the camera movement" on Vantage of my animated camera in 3ds max using the live link. (https://forums.chaos.com/forum/chaos...-camera-export -> Rob post) The problem is that we have to slow the playback speed by 4 in 3ds max, in order to get a smooth recording in Vantage. The animation therefore gets four times longer. As I have some Anima people in my scene, I would need to speed my up recorded camera by 400%. This doesnt seem to be possible in Vantage. One can trim a recorded camera but not change its speed. This would be a nifty option as well.

I hope this post was not too diffcult to follow and I would be so happy if you have a workaround for my problem.
    Last edited by sebastien_berthier1; 22-03-2024, 02:22 PM. Reason: edit: typos

Hi sebastien_berthier1,

We already have the possibility to have more interpolation controls of the camera keys in Vantage logged in our system(LAV-1677) and I have logged your request for speed control of a recorded camera under LAV-1821 but I cannot give you an ETA at the moment. We will let you know when there is some development on the matter.

Best regards,
    Alexander

Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Working...
    X