Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A lot of important features are still missing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lot of important features are still missing!

MATERIAL EDITOR? FiNITE DOME? ANIMATED WATER OR PARTICLES? ANIMATED PEOPLE? Can you guys can implement that vantage use the RAM like vray to store the scene and textures.... i have 128 gb of ram for the system and i have 24 of vram from gpu... but only a house with very good textures and vegetation cand load 15 gb witout furniture.... that cant be right.... its something that planned for vantage?

The sad part is that Vantage prefer VRam over system RAM, therefore the only GPUs that can handle Vantage well are RTX A6000 and RTX 6000 Ada Generation, very expensive GPUs, but these GPUs delivers the features, capabilities, and performance to meet the challenges of today’s professional workflows.
    I had a RTX 4090 but I changed it with a RTX 6000 Ada, especially for Vantage.

Comment

Originally posted by vasile_bulgac1 View Post
      the sad part is that vantage prefer vram over system ram, therefore the only gpus that can handle vantage well are rtx a6000 and rtx 6000 ada generation, very expensive gpus, but these gpus delivers the features, capabilities, and performance to meet the challenges of today’s professional workflows.
      I had a rtx 4090 but i changed it with a rtx 6000 ada, especially for vantage.
      i cant afford a +5000 us$ gpu, literally that cost my whole pc build including desk and peripherals....lol

Comment

Can you guys can implement that vantage use the RAM like vray to store the scene and textures
        You can disable "Safe GPU allocations" in the Preferences and Vantage will let the Windows OS use system RAM.
        It's not certain this will work in all situations however.

Click image for larger version

Name:	safe_gpu_allocations.png
Views:	146
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	1205183

but only a house with very good textures and vegetation cand load 15 gb witout furniture.... that cant be right....
        Can you send us the scene in question (together with textures and any other external files like vrscene/vrmesh if any), so we can examine it and check if the VRAM usage is expected or not ?

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Hi jeriel_castillolluberes,

We have logged in our system the material editor(LAV-LAV-312, LAV-673​), finite dome(LAV-1525), particles(LAV-578 ) in our system but cannot give you a time frame for them. Keep an eye out in the Announcement section of the forum where we post when new builds are available with their changelogs.

Best regards,
          Alexander

Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Working...
          X