Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animation workflow help (AGAIN)

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
    From Default V-Ray settings, change LC subdivs to 3000, retrace to 8.0.
    Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
    *Nothing* else.
    Each frame will be its own self-contained unit, and there will be no risk of having to recalculate a (long) LC sequence to be able to cater for changes in a small section of the animation.
    This is the method we officially suggest (it's in the tooltips, after all.).
    Use the renderer Noise Threshold and max AA to control rendertimes (as you well said.).

So by following Lele's advice and going with the default settings and just changing LC subdivs to 3000, retrace to 8.0, I am stuck and confused with how to proceed with the PROGRESSIVE IMAGE SAMPLER to get a noise-and flicker-free frames for the animation.
    how do I know whether to go with increasing time render-times, and if I do, how much time is enough to get a clean image and do I leave the Noise
    TH @
    the default of 0.005 or 0.0 and let the Max. subs do its job?
    or do I go with Noise TH defaults 0.005 and set the rendertime to 0.0 and let the Max. subs do its job?

BTW, did I mention that I have animated lights that are changing
    colors?
    Also, w
    hat about the light cache MODE? do I leave that at Single frame or Fly-through,

PLEASE HELP AND THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

If you set the progressive render time to 0 and set a noise threshold of say 0.01/0.005 (I'd personally say that 0.005 is too clean for an animation in most cases) then there shouldn't be any difference with flicker/noise between progressive and bucket. The max subdivs of a 100 is just there incase the render needs it, in both cases of progressive and bucket rendering, since vray 3.x, vray dynamically adjusts the amount of subdivs needed.

Progressive rendering uses more ram (as far as I'm aware).

Light cache mode leave on single frame.

^Lele^ Anything to add on this? In terms of my workflow now it's pretty much set my noise level and let the renderer sort it out. No need to overcomplicate it now

Danny

Comment

This is very odd. i was sure i replied to this thread already. Is it a duplicate?
      Edit: it is. here.
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Ha! Well getting two sets of answers is very good value for money!

Comment

Working...
        X