Mobile version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile version

Are you planning a mobile friendly version of the docs?
    it's a pain to browse it on Android.
    Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
    www.AddYourLight.com
    Always looking to learn, become better and serve better.

We are stuck with what Confluence provides; not sure if there are any improvements in the newer versions - will have to check. We have reported a number of issues, but they don’t seem to be in a rush to do anything about them.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I see.
      don't know anything about doc platform providers.
      It seems strange to not have a mobile friendly version in 2019 though. Maybe there are others who are more progressive..
      Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
      www.AddYourLight.com
      Always looking to learn, become better and serve better.

Comment

We've been doing research on this, actually we've always tried to solve this. And we could launch a mobile friendly version in the near future. There's still one more thing we want to research before sticking to a solution, as it will be a long-term one.
        Long story short, we'll have a mobile friendly version at some point in the near future, but some functionality will not be displayed or will be displayed differently (for example some of the dynamic examples).
        Alex Yolov
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
        www.chaos.com

Comment

Hey guys,

We are happy to announce that we already have a mobile version of the documentation!

Feel free to let us know what you think.

Cheers,
          Kristin
          Kristin Ivanova

Technical Writer
          www.chaos.com
          https://docs.chaos.com/

Comment

Originally posted by KristinIvanova View Post
            Hey guys,

We are happy to announce that we already have a mobile version of the documentation!

Feel free to let us know what you think.

Cheers,
            Kristin
            Seems to work fine! Though honestly I don't recall what it used to look like on mobile.

(edit) I'm poking around some more, and I notice some of the example images that have sliders on them don't show up. For example, "Opacity mode", and others in the VRayMtl page. I'm on Android, if that helps.
            Last edited by Buck; 21-01-2020, 02:38 PM.
            www.DanielBuck.net - www.My46Willys.com - www.33Chevy.net - www.DNSFail.com

Comment

Thanks for the report, I'll be looking into it!
              Previously there was just no mobile version - it visualized as on a desktop.

Cheers,
              Kristin
              Kristin Ivanova

Technical Writer
              www.chaos.com
              https://docs.chaos.com/

Comment

Working...
              X