Vray Next - License server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Next - License server

I was working with Vray 3.60 in my desktop with 3ds Max 2017 (dongle connected) I went to my download area, see the company has the option to install Vray Next, I update and I cannot render because it didn't recognize the license.
    Also I wan to know, if my desktop has Vray Next and the server has different version should be an issue?

Everything was working fine with Vray 3.60 is anyway to go back to the previews version?

Please, any help.
    Last edited by jmusse; 25-08-2018, 07:09 AM.

You must have the exact same V-Ray version on all machines you want to distribute render jobs to.
    For the other part of your question - please, message us at support@chaosgroup.com, stating your CG username and dongle SN (if you have one), so that we can check your licenses status.
    Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

hi ,
      Ive just now started to have licensing issues to get vray next working on my workstation ( -200 ) , ive opened license server on browser and its showing licenses are available etc and its enabled , but if i create a simple scene and try to render anything i get the "// Error: Could not obtain an interface license (-200): The ChaosGroup License Server could not be reached."

ive restarted twice , uninstalled and reinstalled twice restarted Maya and all the usual stuff but still the same issue

regards
      ignuf

imac pro , osx 10.13.6 , Radeon Pro Vega 64 16368 MB, eGPU nvidia GTX 1080
      Last edited by ignuf; 29-08-2018, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ignuf View Post
        hi ,
        Ive just now started to have licensing issues to get vray next working on my workstation ( -200 ) , ive opened license server on browser and its showing licenses are available etc and its enabled , but if i create a simple scene and try to render anything i get the "// Error: Could not obtain an interface license (-200): The ChaosGroup License Server could not be reached."

ive restarted twice , uninstalled and reinstalled twice restarted Maya and all the usual stuff but still the same issue

regards
        ignuf

imac pro , osx 10.13.6 , Radeon Pro Vega 64 16368 MB, eGPU nvidia GTX 1080
        This error usually indicates a problem connecting to the license server.
        Check if your firewall isn't blocking the connection to the license server. Also - check if the license settings are pointing to the computer that has the license server - https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...ettings-MacOSX

If you have a central license server with a dongle and it's not the same machine as the one that has the BETA licenses - add the one with BETA Next licenses as an alternate license server
        Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

hi Ivan ,
          i updated to the latest license server and things aren't quite where or what they were for some reason , the only thing I can find that might be the same as setvrlservice is the/Applications/ChaosGroup/VRLService/vrlctl is this right ?

I had a go with that and tried to update $ sudo /Applications/ChaosGroup/VRLService/OLS/vrlctl -server=192.168.1.83 -port=30304 butjsut get the message . [ ERR ] flag provided but not defined: -server

i turned the firewall off and still got the same -200 message
          Last edited by ignuf; 29-08-2018, 09:41 AM.

Comment

i uninstalled NEXT and installed 6004 to see if this would change anything... unfortunately i still have the same problem ( -200) .

ive uninstalled and reinstalling the licensing software cgls_mac_5.1.2.bin.dmg turned off the firewall and still can't render on Maya.

Originally i had a dongle running on another machine ( PC on the same network ) and all was well until today, I moved the dongle to the machine i'm working on now ( imac pro) and the online license server can see it but no luck so far on vray rendering anything

Comment

Originally posted by ignuf View Post
              hi Ivan ,
              i updated to the latest license server and things aren't quite where or what they were for some reason , the only thing I can find that might be the same as setvrlservice is the/Applications/ChaosGroup/VRLService/vrlctl is this right ?

I had a go with that and tried to update $ sudo /Applications/ChaosGroup/VRLService/OLS/vrlctl -server=192.168.1.83 -port=30304 butjsut get the message . [ ERR ] flag provided but not defined: -server

i turned the firewall off and still got the same -200 message
              That's not the correct way to set the license settings, you need "setvrlservice" - https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...ettings-MacOSX
              I wrote a small script to add GUI (attached), but it sets only the primary license server, maybe I'll expand it when I have time.
              If you need to set more than 1 try

Code:
              sudo /Applications/Autodesk/maya201*/vray/bin/setvrlservice -server=127.0.0.1 -server1=[IP_ADDRESS_OF_THE_OTHER_COMPUTER]
              Where maya201* is your Maya version.
              Attached Files
              Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
              X