This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Dongles to be phased out

From September 1, 2018, Chaos Group will transition away from licensing its products with hardware dongles. The price of dongles delivered by Chaos Group will increase in October 2018 and February 2019. From August 1, 2019, Chaos Group will not update dongles with new licenses or upgrades. All licenses on existing dongles will continue to function as expected indefinitely. See this post for more details.
    Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Is there an option to use software authentication in a complete offline environment?

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
    oakcorp.net
    v-ray.jp

Comment

There will be an option for completely offline licensing before the dongles are phased out. We're working on some changes in the license server that will allow it.
      Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Thank you for information.

It may be reasonable given the trouble of the WIBU Key driver.

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
        oakcorp.net
        v-ray.jp

Comment

Bring back dongles!

Comment

Originally posted by ivan.slavchev View Post
            From September 1, 2018, Chaos Group will transition away from licensing its products with hardware dongles. The price of dongles delivered by Chaos Group will increase in October 2018 and February 2019. From August 1, 2019, Chaos Group will not update dongles with new licenses or upgrades. All licenses on existing dongles will continue to function as expected indefinitely. See this post for more details.
            Dear All,

With regard to the Dongle Phase Out, in order to assure high quality of the service and perform additional licensing tests, we decided to postpone the deadline to 1st of November.
            Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Originally posted by ivan.slavchev View Post
              There will be an option for completely offline licensing before the dongles are phased out. We're working on some changes in the license server that will allow it.
              Great to hear. Working offline will help to increase the saftey on work computers a lot ... ya know, there are bad guys out on da interwebs
              www.ingoerikmoltzen.com

Comment

Could someone please be so kind and confirm that there is a complete offline license option available now (August 2019)?
                I am happily using my dongled 3.6 Vray for Rhino currently and consider upgrading. Still if there is no option to work extended periods (months) offline after installation, thats a dealbreaker preventing me from upgrading.

Secondly I have downloaded "vray_adv_40002_rhino_win_x64.exe" in the download section. Is this a free upgrade from my current version (V-Ray for Rhinoceros 6 3.60.03 Build: 03 Hash: 25ae2bc Date: Jul 3 2018 V-Ray NeUI Version: 1.1.6 Build: 2024 Hash: f2540dc Date: Jul 3 201
                Will this affect my licensing?

Thanks.

Comment

We are in an offline environment and still require dongles for licenses. Has there been an offline method created yet? We want to upgrade to VRay Next this year.

Comment

Going dongle-less and relying on a completely online solution whereby without internet connection I am prevented from using software I've paid for is a total deal-breaker for me.
                    Jez

------------------------------------
                    3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
                    Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
                    ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

Originally posted by djanim8 View Post
                      We are in an offline environment and still require dongles for licenses. Has there been an offline method created yet? We want to upgrade to VRay Next this year.
                      Please message us on support@chaosgroup.com and we'll send you instructions and assist with the setup if needed.
                      Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

An email has been sent.

Comment

So are dongles ended now or can you still get render nodes on dongles?

Comment

Dongles is obsolete and it is not possible to update and get any licenses on your dongles anymore.
                            Stefan Isakov

Technical Support Representative
                            support@chaosgroup.com

Contact Support

Chaos Group

Comment

Ok, so i've migrated the dongle license info onto my PC and i have a successful confirmation from the license server page. Now what? I am using Revit, and i get an error message when i try to use it, and all buttons are greyed out on the revit tool ribbon....... Any instructions on how to use Vray for Revit after migrating from the Dongle?????
                              Cheers,
                              Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X