Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade to V-Ray Next

Hi,

This has probably been asked before, so, sorry in advance.

I have been shopping round for quotes today for renewing my Autodesk subscription(s) and upgrading to V-ray next from 3.6

The upgrade calculator shows Vray 3 workstation for 3ds Max -1+
    and Vray 3 render node -1+

If I go specifically to the page for purchasing a single render node only, its also implied that its an upgrade from a V3 render node to Next.

My reseller said earlier in the year that I have to purchase a workstation licence and a render node to use it, that a render node is not included, but the resellers I talked with today say that I only need to purchase the workstation licence, because a single workstation render node is included with that licence, and that the render node calculator is only for purchasing additional render node upgrades, only if I already have additional nodes for a second / third... workstation on version 3.6, both make sense, so which is correct? I don't want to end up paying an additional £129 ex VAT for a render node I do not need, as I am only on one workstation.

Please help.

Simon.

yes, you get a render node with a license, which lets you render on your machine. You'll need more nodes for your slaves.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Great! Thanks glorybound

My NEW reseller also clarified this, this morning.

Cheers,

Simon.

P.S. Very nice work on your website! Just curious, which scattering and foliage tools do you use for the external scenes? I purchased Forestpack Pro & Railclone Pro over a year ago, but due to my business mainly being industrial design viz, + creating components for rotational molding / 3d printing, and little time for my personal projects these days, I haven't had a lot of time with them so far. Any tutorials you can recommend to get me up to speed with good results. I am a fast learner and don't mind being thrown in at the deep end.

Cheers!

Comment

Thank you! Yes, I use Forest Pro and Railclone. You'll find good tutorials on their site. The learning curves are pretty low.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Working...
        X