Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is V-Ray Next Render Node backwards compatible with V-Ray 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is V-Ray Next Render Node backwards compatible with V-Ray 3?

I am planning to upgrade my V-Ray 3 to V-Ray Next and purchase an additional render node for a second computer. The problem is I can only afford one or the other right now. I would like to take advantage of my second computer right now for the additional render speed and to offload renders to while I work. Can I purchase a V-Ray Next Render Node first and use it with my current V-Ray 3 for now? That way, in a month or so, I can purchase the upgrade to V-Ray Next and be ready to go. I noticed on the Chaos Store there are two separate versions for the render node (version 3 and Next) that's why I ask. Thanks.
    Last edited by Horizon; 12-10-2018, 04:01 PM.
    Paul

Yes, if you have a V-Ray Next render node you can render with V-Ray 3. Make sure you use the latest license server - https://download.chaosgroup.com/down...dalone-512-adv
    Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Awesome! Thanks.
      Paul

Comment

I'm having some issues with this. I updated the dongles to vray next and then updated the license server to 5.12, and it isn't showing me the 3.X licenses? Only Vray Next license.
        www.studio2a.co

Comment

An update, unlike a new license purchase, replaces an older license with the new one instead of adding an extra license. That's why you can see only the NEXT license.
          Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
          X