Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running V-Ray from network directory & how to configure licenses for nodes that do not have access to the internet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running V-Ray from network directory & how to configure licenses for nodes that do not have access to the internet?

Hi,

We are running Vray from a network install for the first time and have run into an issue regarding nodes that do not have internet access, all of our render slaves basically.

How can I point a render node at the license server machine on the network if the render node is accessing Vray from a network directory and not a local install?

Thanks in advance.

Check this article - https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...over+a+network
    Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Hi, thanks for this. I still cant seem to get my head around it through.

So, I would install the license server on all nodes and use an environment variable to point the nodes to a vrlclient.xml file that exists on the network? Do I need to make this file myself or copy it across from one of the installs?

Apologies if this is overly obvious, I am just having trouble getting it setup correctly.

Thanks in advance

Comment

.. I have managed to get this working. The issue I was having is that windows firewall was not allowing access to the license server. It works when I disable the firewall. I am now curious as to how I can add an approprite execption to the firewall so that the render nodes can access the license server machine?

Thanks in advance

Comment

I have resolved this issue. All working fine now.

Comment

Hi,

I'm glad you worked it out. For the others reading - you need the license server on 1 machine and you need to point the license settings on the computers with V-Ray towards it. The license settings are written in vrlclient.xml file. It can be stored on a network location (or locally). If it's not on its default location - a variable should be set on each machine to point towards the file location.

The license server uses TCP 30304 in the internal network, so that should be allowed in the computers' firewalls.
            Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
            X