Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phoenix FD - using two PCs with one license? [I'm currently demoing the software']

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix FD - using two PCs with one license? [I'm currently demoing the software']

With one license - could I use the GUI on my workstation, and submit sims to a node? and then reload the sims on my workstation to work up the shaders and render via BB to some other nodes.

And I guess in order for this to work the Sim would need to be a floating license.

And if the above does work - what would happen if I accidentally hit sim on my workstation when the node is using the sim license? Crash? Error message?

I would potentially buy an additional sim license but the annoying thing is that the sim speed sucks using my hardware. So I guess for this to be viable in production I'd need to build a sim computer that utilises the CPUs.
    Win10 x64, 3DS Max 2017 19.0, Vray 3.60.03
    Threadripper 1950x, 64GB RAM, Aurous Gaming 7 x399,

Hello,

Yes, you can do it. The license has to be floating, yes.

If the license is already in use you will get a message that Phoenix can't find a license and an auto-retry dialog will appear. So as soon as there is a license the simulation will start.

Cheers,
    Georgi Zhekov
    Phoenix Product Manager
    Chaos

Comment

Seems that even the demo works like this. Thanks
      Win10 x64, 3DS Max 2017 19.0, Vray 3.60.03
      Threadripper 1950x, 64GB RAM, Aurous Gaming 7 x399,

Comment

Working...
      X