Use two different account licenses at the same time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use two different account licenses at the same time

I used to work with a vray dongle license (provided by my company) and a personal vray render node license (online).
    My company recently moved all licenses online and I would like to know how will I be able to keep using my own render node license since both belong to different accounts?

thanks

Hm, good question. I will have to ask.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

That's a bit tricky if you want to use a single machine with both accounts, but then again - if you have only 1 machine you'd need only a single license.

Options are:

- if you just want to switch between accounts you can do so by clicking on "Online licensing -> Deactivate" to log off in the license server menu (http://localhost:30304 in the internet browse on the computer that has the license server installed). Logging back in from Online licensing -> Enable will prompt you for username and password.

- if you use more than 1 computer - you can have a license server installation on each computer and use a different username. You can share the licenses on both machines by entering each other's IP address as an alternate license server in the license settings

- if you need both accounts on the same machine and no other exists (no VPN to your workplace license server etc) - you can set up a Virtual machine with limited resources to act as a second license server on your computer and add it's IP address in the license settings as an alternate license server.

If you need assistance - don't hesitate to message us - https://www.chaosgroup.com/support/contact
      Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Thanks for the support.
        I think I will install a secondary server because I have more than one machine.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X