Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I reinstall vRay 3.x with my new vRay Next license simultaneously

Hi.
    We recently upgraded our vRay 3.x licenses to vRay Next but now find that our vRay 3.5 renderer has been "overwritten" and is not available as a selectable renderer.
    We have old project which we'd like to continue as vRay 3.5 projects as otherwise they will render differently (or at least it will take us a very long time to get to the same result using vRay Next).
    So can we reinstall vRay 3.x and have the option of specifying vRay 3.x or vRay Next from the renderer dropDown menu ?

Regards
    Jesper pedersen
    www.pedersenfocus.ie

..Well, we decided to take a chance and just reinstall vRay 3.6 for 3dsMax 2016.
    It installed fine, but "overwrote" vRayNext.
    So now we have 3dsMax2016 with vRay3.6 and 3ds Max 2019 with vRay Next.
    It's not ideal but it'll allow us to work old projects in 3dsMax2016 for now.

We'd ultimately like to have 3dsMax2019 with both vRay Next and 3.6 available... so hopefully Chaosgroup will make this possible in the near future (or if it's already possible please let us know how to configure the installation).
    Thanks

Regards
    Jesper pedersen
    www.pedersenfocus.ie

Comment

your current solution is probably the best bet. as far as i know there is no plan to make different versions installable simultaneously. i believe there are some technical reasons for this.

Comment

Hello,

Originally posted by super gnu View Post
        your current solution is probably the best bet. as far as i know there is no plan to make different versions installable simultaneously. i believe there are some technical reasons for this.
        This is correct - 3ds Max doesn't support having different versions of a renderer loaded at the same time. So your solution with different versions installed for different Max versions is the right thing to do.

Best regards,
        Yavor
        Yavor Rubenov
        V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Hi Yavor / SuperGnu,
          We'll keep going with the current setup so. Good to know that it's a 3ds Max issue ..no need to spend time trying to get something fixed, that will never be fixed
          Thanks for your help!

Regards
          Jesper pedersen
          www.pedersenfocus.ie

Comment

Hi pedersenfocus,
            Did you use dongle licence for vray 3 and Licences Server for vray next? or both a running under Licences Server? I'd like to work with 3ds max 2018 / vray 3 and 3ds max 2020 / vrau next/.
            Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
            Frederic

Comment

Originally posted by zooo View Post
              Hi pedersenfocus,
              Did you use dongle licence for vray 3 and Licences Server for vray next? or both a running under Licences Server? I'd like to work with 3ds max 2018 / vray 3 and 3ds max 2020 / vrau next/.
              Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
              Frederic
              The license server software will summarize online and dongle obtainable licenses, so form V-Ray's point of view there's no difference. You should just install V-Ray 3 for 2018 and a V-Ray Next build for 2020.
              Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
              X