• License server 5.5.0 is out!

License Server 5.5.0 is out

Official Release

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
    • Minimum requirements
      • Only IPv4 is supported, IPv6 is currently not supported
      • 256 MB RAM
      • USB 1.0 required for hardware lock
      • Intel® Pentium® IV or compatible processor with SSE3 support (x64)
    • Recommended requirements
      • Only IPv4 is supported, IPv6 is currently not supported
      • 512 MB RAM
      • USB 2.0 required for hardware lock
      • Intel® Pentium® IV or compatible processor with SSE3 support (x64)
    CHANGELOG

Changed
    • Use “Email or username” for installer activation prompt
    • License server installer doesn’t overwrite newer LS versions
    Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Trying to install the licenses server in my VMware environment and I get the error "Incompatible CPU detected! Missing instruction sets: SSE4.1, SSE4.2"

Current CPU: Intel Xeon Silver 4208.

Why would there be a CPU requirement to run the license manger?

Comment

Same problem here, we can't upgrade the license server.

Comment

Tech supports recommendation was to downgrade to an earlier version: 5.2.3. Below is their response. For what it's worth... it did work for us. Good Luck

As far as I know we changed the way the License server is compiled in the recent versions. Because of this change now it is required to have a compatible CPU.
        As a workaround you can download one of the previous versions of the license server. Here is a link to 5.2.3 that I think should be fine: https://download.chaosgroup.com/downloads/14218/licenseserver-standalone-523-adv

I think it should be also possible to use Instructions Emulator from Intel for the VM and install the Chaos License server then but I haven't done it personally and I can't guarantee it is going to work.

Comment

Thanks for the update hei_licensing. We don't run a VM but an old machine as license server. The last version we were able to install is 5.4.0 - which is also the version you need to transfer licenses from dongle to online. So when the next mandatory update comes we'll have a problem...

Comment

first we buy VR5 license. Trial license VR5 Sketchup still active but suddenly : "License server can"t find license" error.... then "install new version of LS" here on forum ... now : "“vrlservice_darwin.bin.app” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
            ".... my administrator doing the purchase doesn't use the software - I do -- so I have to check in with her account to get here ? ... not sure "Chaos"Group as a name is doing you any favours now ...

Comment

Hello, below is my License issue:
              The VRLService / license might not be running (by default accessed via internet browser http://localhost:30304)

Kindly advise.

Comment

Hello, it will be best if you submit a ticket and provide more information regarding the operating system you are using and the version of the license server:
                https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
                Kostadin Botev

Technical Support Representative
                Contact Support

Chaos

Comment

Working...
                X