Vray 3.6.0 license issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 3.6.0 license issue

Long story short, had to do a clean install of windows 10 from windows 7 and was running max 2018 with vray 3.6.0.

What's my next plan if anyone can shed light on this as i'm being told that dongles no longer work and i would need to pay to get the new v5. Have i shot myself in the foot upgrading windows? VERY frustrating as purchasing software in this current covid climate is not possible right now.

Any help would be great, cheers.
    Last edited by CHRISSYWADDLE; 11-08-2020, 09:27 AM.

V-Ray 3.6 is compatible with both Windows 7 and Windows 10, also if you are still using a dongle, you can use it and work with it, but we recommend to migrate it to online because the online licensing is more convenient than the USB dongle. If you want to work with the latest V-Ray 5 for 3ds Max builds, you will need to have V-Ray 5 for 3ds Max license. You can download V-Ray 3.70.01 for 3ds Max 2018 from the link below:
    https://download.chaosgroup.com/down...2018-37001-adv
    or V-Ray 3.6 for 3ds Max 2018:
    https://download.chaosgroup.com/down...2018-36005-adv

Let me know if you need further information or any assistance. You might also write to our support e-mail in order to help you further - support@chaosgroup.com
    Thank you.
    Stefan Isakov

Technical Support Representative
    support@chaosgroup.com

Contact Support

Chaos Group

Comment

Hi Stefan

Thanks for the information. I've managed to get the dongle working with max 2020 so all good for now, i will look into the migration of the dongle.

The only thing is when opening a new max file, vray has to be assigned each time. Is this normal? If I open a max model it opens vray straight away so no real problem.

Cheers

Comment

You can set in 3ds Max the following:
        Customize > Custom Defaults Switche
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image(1).png
Views:	367
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	1081151
        Stefan Isakov

Technical Support Representative
        support@chaosgroup.com