Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

URGENT Interface License is not releasing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT Interface License is not releasing.

I'm in the middle of production. Support is closed.

Rebooted all machines, disabled / enabled online licensing on all machines, changed Chaos group password. My interface license is still engaged. It's been an hour now. I have work under deadline that have to get out!

The machine that uses the Interactive Lic ends with .113 ther's NO SUCH MACHINE ON MY NETWORK. Please advice. This is making my crazy and costing me money. Please help.

Panic mode OFF. The lic just released as soon as I posted above. This is still not OK.

Comment

I feel your pain. i missed a deadline and lost $2000 of work ofr changes due to this
      Zero support, zero explanation and eventually a day later it started working again

Its insane. why do we pay for this when it stops working all the time. never had this issue with a dongle!

Comment

Hello,

Apologies for the inconvenience. We are investigating a similar issue to the one that you described - it seems to be caused after 3ds Max or Maya, for whatever reason, crashes.
        Nikolay Simeonov

Technical Support Representative
        support@chaosgroup.com

Chaos Group

Comment

Has this issue been resolved? Considering upgrading to 5 but this worries me to no end.

Comment

I have Vray chew up a license when I get a certain kind of crash. Not all crashes are equal and it says something like "All Vray licenses are in use" when Ive rebooted and try to continue to work. It always releases it eventually, and its been from 30mins up to a few hrs before. I cant say 100% as I dont sit there and keep testing it for hours, but its long enough to be a pain.
            Website
            https://mangobeard.com/
            Behance
            https://www.behance.net/seandunderdale

Comment

Is it possible to 'borrow' a license and just leave it borrowed forever? Would that route around it or does that not matter? Can you 'borrow' a render node license?

Comment

Working...
              X