No announcement yet.

Will VRay Next be availbe for 3ds Max 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I currently see no reason to upgrade to Vray 5. I'm not doing a lot of rendering at the moment and unless a customer requires me to update (not terribly likely to happen in my case), I won't. If I have Vray Next for 3ds Max 2022 (log-in page doesn't work currently, so I can't check if the download is available in the meantime, but it sounds like it isn't) I will continue to use it and might eventually upgrade in the future if I'm interested in the new features. If I don't have it (and with the end of maintenance I can't go back to older Max versions) I probably simply won't use Vray anymore. Renderers are becoming more and more similar and Max does come with Arnold. Not a huge fan of that so far, but that might change with more exposure and it seems like Vray is on a similar path anyway (simpler setup, but also less options).

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Miller View Post
      Hi Everyone,

We certainly see some of your passion here in wanting older V-Ray versions to run on newer versions. What we haven't seen stated here are any production reasons for needing to do so. In short, it would be helpful for us to know what is making you move to a new 3ds Max version yet render with the older V-Ray version. If you need pixel compatibility with the older V-Ray version, then it seems you would also need to be running on the older 3ds Max as well.

Unlike others, Chaos goes to great lengths to support older 3ds Max versions (with V-Ray 5 supporting 7 versions) so you don't usually need to upgrade your 3ds Max to use the latest V-Ray innovations. That said, we need you on the latest V-Ray so we can actively support you with fixes and improvements while providing you our best solution.

Kind regards,

- Phil

I have 'reluctantly' upgraded to vray5 and in general it still remains a great plugin of course.
      My main issue is the new VFB. Even though it does look nice, I feel it has a bit too much crammed into it compared to Next.
      Of course i will eventually get used to it again once i've been using it for a while but in my opinion it certainly wasn't necessary to add all the new 'bits' it now has and to change the UI so radically.
      The new tools all look quite exciting at first sight, but nothing hugely useful for me really. I really cant think of any extra tools i needed to be frank ..
      Anyway i'm glad the perpetual license option still remains as i was afraid chaos were edging toward subscription only and i hope this new version will remain over a good few versions of max before another paid upgrade is required.

Comment

I was forced by Autodesk to quit my 3ds Max maintenance subscription in order to keep my permanent license seat.
        AD won't allow activation of a lower version number when subscription runs out.
        So, from next year on, I'm gonna be stuck with 2022 and only 2022 for a while.
        I'm not rendering that often or much (mostly texture baking at the moment), so I don't really need to have all the brand new render features upon release.
        If Next isn't released for 2022 that means I'm gonna be forced by Chaosgroup to buy something I don't really need right now, in order to keep access to my work and intellectual property.

Comment

Ok, great. No Vray next for 2022. I did the update to vray next a few month ago. And now its out of date? Vray next is not so old, i think. Looking for alternatives.

Comment

I read so many complaints about the Fact, that there will be no Vray Next for 2022. There is no real BIG deal getting this done with much pain from Developers side. I also don't know why this is (OK, it´s all about Money - what else?)
            Having the Heart on the right side for Artist is something that got rarer these days. Also that fact to rent only Licenses is leading to a one way street like this example here: https://artofsoulburn.blogspot.com/2...-time-has.html Thank God Chaos still having perpetual Lics in their portfolio.

Hoping the best about the World of Softwaredevelopment. Idealism is being replaced by a market economy.

Comment

Hello, i also wish vray next for max 22, but having almost 20 years working with vray i only can say that the effort that this guys put in reprograming the software are awesome and if they need to make this change in price and time frame i can give them the thrust to go forward, the velocity that the technology are moving now is really fast and its not ease to catchup, but i remember that this company bring to the earth prices "raytracing render" in my case i go for the upgrade

Comment

hopefully chaosgroup will hear us! please vray next version for 3dsmax 2022.
                Surrealismo
                https://www.facebook.com/surrrealismo

Comment

It's sad. Can't use Vray5 with a dongle, many of my clients require dev machines to not be internet connected. So I guess it's the end of the road. It was a fun ride while it lasted.

Comment

i found out that in the nightlies, there is a version for 2022! vray_adv_43003_max2022_x64_30845
                    Surrealismo

Comment

Originally posted by leo.surrealismo View Post
                      i found out that in the nightlies, there is a version for 2022! vray_adv_43003_max2022_x64_30845
                      You are right, due to the high demand we will provide an unofficial build in the upcoming weeks. Please mind that the builds you are seeing in the nigthlies site have known issues, including hard crashes. It will take time to clear those problems, but even after that the builds will be still in state "use at own risk".
                      If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
                      Chaos

Comment

thanks chaosgroup for hearing us!
                        Surrealismo

Comment

Originally posted by slizer View Post
                          You are right, due to the high demand we will provide an unofficial build in the upcoming weeks. Please mind that the builds you are seeing in the nigthlies site have known issues, including hard crashes. It will take time to clear those problems, but even after that the builds will be still in state "use at own risk".
                          Thanks for the status update here. V-Ray related plugins will need an update to support it, because there was obviously also not a V-Ray SDK for the Next+2022 combination before.
                          Note for psd-manager users: psd-manager 5.0.3 does not support it out of the box. Let me know if you need a psd-manager build for it on the psd-manager Discord ( https://www.cebas.com/psdsupport ) and I will provide a beta version.
                          psd-manager for 3ds Max Community. Get direct support by the developer and join user discussions. | 86 members
                          Daniel Schmidt - Developer of psd-manager

Comment

Can anyone point me to where I can download the "vray_adv_43003_max2022_x64_30845" file? I need to run Max 2022, but still on Vray next. In the downloads section I only see Vray 5, and can't seem to find the downloads for Next.

Cheers,
                            Dean

Comment

Originally posted by notamondayfan View Post
                              Can anyone point me to where I can download the "vray_adv_43003_max2022_x64_30845" file? I need to run Max 2022, but still on Vray next. In the downloads section I only see Vray 5, and can't seem to find the downloads for Next.

Cheers,
                              Dean
                              Just use the latest build from here - https://nightlies.chaos.com/main#/vr...ble/stable_4.3
                              If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
                              Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by matanov View Post

Just use the latest build from here - https://nightlies.chaos.com/main#/vr...ble/stable_4.3
                                Brilliant, thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X