Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corona Renderfarm offline

Hello,
    We have a pack of 10 Corona Render nodes for our RenderFarm and 7 licences for 3ds max Corona Render for our workstations.
    During the week end and the night, Our computers and Renderfarm are offline for the security.
    But of course, we need to use the Renderfarm 24h/24h and our workstations during te night for the calculs.
    What is the best method ?
    Can we use a permanent offline licence for our Renderfarm ?
    I don't know how to manage this situation ?
    Thank you.

Hello,

You will have to borrow your online licenses for offline use. You can use your borrowed licenses for 14 days without internet connection. Their renewal happens automatically. However, the renewal process requires internet connection at least once during the last 3 days.
    If you are using a dedicated license server, you will have to borrow everything there. If there are multiple license servers that distribute licenses to the local machine that activated them, you will have to borrow 1 Interface and 1 Render node license, in order for the machine to work properly.

Detailed explanation about how to borrow your licenses can be found here:

https://docs.chaos.com/display/LIC5/...or+Offline+Use
    Nikolay Simeonov

Technical Support Representative
    support@chaosgroup.com

Chaos Group

Comment

Hello Nikolay,
      Ok, thank you !
      So, ok for my Renderfarm, I'll borrow the licence node for each computer. During the day, I've a connexion of Internet.
      But for my workstation, is-it better to borrow a licence too (no connexion internet during the night) ?
      Frank

Comment

Hi Frank,
        ​​​​​​
        Borrowing your licenses for offline use is entirely up to you and your workflow. If your workstations are active only during the day, you can use online licensing only. The only downside to offline licensing is that the online license becomes reserved for the server that borrowed it. This means that no other machine will be able to obtain the borrowed license for the 14 day period.
        Please note that Workstation machines require both Interface and Render node license in order to use Corona inside 3ds Max
        Nikolay Simeonov

Technical Support Representative
        support@chaosgroup.com

Chaos Group

Comment

Hi Nicolay,
          Ok, I'll try that.
          Thank you and have a good day,
          Frank

Comment

Hi Nicolay,
            I need to have the adress used by Chaos to check the licence. I have to update my Firewall to allow this adress.
            Do you have this information ?
            Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X