No announcement yet.

What happened to Perpetual licenses!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to Perpetual licenses!!!

Yo, I was in the middle of purchasing a Vray 5 perpetual license for Maya last week and it clearly was in my Cart. I saved my cart and went back to finish the transaction the next day and it would not let me and forced me to the subscription page, this is some BS!! I got no emails or anything saying Vray was going subscription. As a matter of fact I was told by staff that there would always be the perpetual option because of freelancers like myself. Someone needs to get this straight and honor my purchase. This is greed and ridiculous!!!

i wondered too , but only the "Subscription upgrade" title was wrong... i had to type in my email adress on this side , after that i could choose subscription or perpetual, ...confusing

Comment

I am confused, what do you mean you had to type in your email address on the side, also which website are you seeing this on? it seems if you already have Vray you can upgrade your already perpetual license to vray 6 which I care nothing about. I found no options to even get a perpetual license. I work from home and needed to grab a copy of Vay5 this is insane!!! not one email to my inbox saying that vray was going subscription. I had to save money just to be able to get it and now it seems I cant, always screwing the freelancers!!
      Last edited by josef_wells; 06-08-2022, 04:46 PM.

Comment

if you own a perpetual license you can upgrade, if not you only can buy a subscription .. they changed

Comment

Schellicon well you know what thanks for the info, I'm so tired of these money hungry companies and their nonsense with subscription packages. Anything to rob freelancers and people that work their own businesses, this does not help anybody but big VFX studios with 100 plus team members. Chaos, Autodesk, redshift, all the same talking about its for the customer nah!! its to line their greedy pockets with more money. If it was about customers we would have both options and not just one. Its all good I found a better solution anyways chaos can shove it for all I care. thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by josef_wells View Post
            Schellicon ts all good I found a better solution anyways chaos can shove it for all I care.
            What solution did you find?

Also, Chaos have changed their policy regarding selling your perpetual licences....... that's now gone too.....
            Jez

------------------------------------
            3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
            Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
            ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

Originally posted by JezUK View Post

Also, Chaos have changed their policy regarding selling your perpetual licenses. that's now gone too.....
              I didn't find a solution at all, what you mean they changed the policy? people are still selling their licenses to others from what I've been seeing. It's clear they are trying to take away as much as possible from customers to try and force them on sub based payments. manipulation at its finest!!
              Last edited by josef_wells; 05-10-2022, 08:04 AM.

Comment

I feel your pain, but it wouldn't be an issue if people started charging what they are worth. The problem comes when people steal software and charge ten cents on the dollar for their work. In the meantime, some of us chumps spend a small fortune on software to work and run legit businesses. It is like shoplifting; the rest of us pay for the box store's loss. So it would be interesting to see the numbers; paid vs. pirated use.

I remember reading that Corona's monthly subscription plummets when a new Corona crack comes out. Recently someone was talking about a plugin that they use. I looked it up, ad it was an expensive plug-in, so I put it on my wishlist. The person asked if I got it, I said it was too expensive, and he sent me a link to where he pirated it.

Capitalism means raising your price until people stop paying for it. Software companies will continue to increase their prices until their sales decline. Then, suddenly, they do something "special" to get us back, and the cycle repeats.
                Bobby Parker
                www.bobby-parker.com
                e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

.. this is how whales see the world and this is only your point of view Bobby.
                  I personally think part of the problem comes from the deep pockets not semi professionals trying to survive..
                  how deep are your pockets my friend?

Comment

Originally posted by JezUK View Post

Also, Chaos have changed their policy regarding selling your perpetual licences....... that's now gone too.....
                    Oh the solution for v-ray nothing but, I found a better solution and went ahead and purchased a Renderman 24 commercial license with (Renderman 25 due to release in less than a month) and glad I did. The new XPU is amazing fast still in early development but it is very promising. So much easier to work in Renderman in my opinion. I learned it super quick seems like v-ray had a steep learning curve. The only downside is you have to pay for maintenance if you want future releases its not included when you purchase Renderman like it is with most other render engines. However it is much cheaper than v-ray. For a perpetual license it comes in at $595. If you want maintenance added its an additional $250 for 12 months. So total is $840, unlike v-ray where you can only get other plugins for different programs through subscription, Renderman comes with the standalone renderer, Maya plugin, Blender plugin, Houdini plugin, Mari plugin, Katana plugin, and Tractor 2 render farm with more plugins due to release in the future. Well worth the $840 price tag and still a lot cheaper than v-ray. Its funny over in the Renderman forums I see a lot of folks that transitioned from v-ray to Renderman lol.
                    Last edited by josef_wells; 07-10-2022, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X